Tonight I made this duvet cover for Sam. I got the panel at spotlight the other week when it was on sale. But needed some extra of the backing material to go around the panel to make it big enough for the duvet. I put snaps on the bottom. I am really pleased with it - my first attempt at anything like this.
This is a wee jersey I finished for Charlie a couple of weeks ago. It has been waiting for me to press it lightly and stitch the buttons on. I started it just after he was born so 10weeks to finish it is getting quite good for me! It is made out of a lovely soft merino wool. I will try it on him tomorrow so I hope it fits. It is 3-6mth size so it should do.
I also stitched up Lauras sports shorts as she had ripped the pocket. I am getting quite a dab hand with this sewing lark - who would have thought me who could never sew a straight line would be able to do all this!
We went into Brodie and Antons this morning. Anton has been drawing our house extension plans up on his computer. It is looking good. We have a bit of tweaking to do but it is great to get the ball rolling. Did the groceries while we were in town and discovered that Invercargill has been bought out of easter eggs! The Warehouse was manic and only had choc bunnies and gourmet eggs left. The supermarkets only had marshmallow eggs. So I guess I should be more organised next year and get them earlier! We have set an easter egg hunt up for the kids so it should be fun in the morning. We will just have to keep an ear out incase the kids sneak up first and start demolishing the chocolate. Ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment