Tired kids and a shower of rain = movie time! Much needed rain is here so we arent complaining. We need it on the vege garden and the swedes - the first to feed us and the second to feed the stock over the winter (so they can feed us later) Popcorn was requested so I dug out my caramel popcorn recipe.
MMMMMMM, nom nom golden caramel popcorn!
Recipe courtesy of a womens magazine, many years ago and is apparently Mel Gibsons recipe! It has been much used over the years. The original recipe has peanuts in it but I omit them. (mainly becuase we never have any in the pantry becuase if I buy them Jase eats them!)
9cups of freshly popped popcorn (about 1/4 cup unpopped) - I use my air popper but any method would work.
1 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
125g butter
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp Bicarb soda.
Melt sugar, butter and syrup over a low heat, stirring until sugar is melted. Bring to boil and boil for 2 mins. Stir in soda.
Pour caramel over popcorn and mix through.
Spread onto oven tray and bake at 180oC until golden brown, mix and flip, brown other side.
Cool.
On cooling the popcorn goes crunchy, mmmmm. Its good!
Will keep in an airtight container for several days. (although not in our house becuase we eat it all first!)
No comments:
Post a Comment