Monday, February 7, 2011

Summer Fun

My new years resolution has had its first blip! We have been having so much fun over the summer that I have not updated. However, one of the main reasons for having this blog is to keep my UK family up to date with what we are doing and during January we had part of that family here. So were were focussing on enjoying that time for a while!
But now we are back to reality. I have, for the day, made a huge batch of choc chip cookies, some flapjack and some muffins. I have wiped the kitchen down and brushed and mopped the floor. I have done dishes, fed children and prepared my notes for my new CBE class that is starting this week. So yep, reality is set right back in!
Once the kids get back from school (in about 15mins) we are off into town to get some new school shoes for Laura, whose feet seem to not stop growing (and are now bigger than mine!) We also need to get some new togs for Sam and Charlie. For some reason thier togs have faded to the point of see through. I cant work our why, becuase the last time they used them was in the lakes, the same as the other kids. But they look like they have been sitting in a bucket of chlorine for a week. Anyway we found this out when the kids went back to swimming lessons last week and we got the wee boys togs out so they could play in the little pool.
Might even be really naughty and get take away for tea since Jase is away!

So what have we been up to you ask, well I will go back to the 9th of January. A beautiful day and I let Jase twist my arm into going up to Kingston to the lake with the boat (didnt take much twisting, but dont tell Jase) It also happened to be the third birthday of my gorgeous little boy. Boy did he get a good day out for his birthday! Most of Jase's family were here so they all divided into vehicles and off we went. When we got there the lake was quite choppy, so we settled down for a picnic lunch. By the time we were finished the lake was flat and calm. So in went the boats, Jamies jetski and lots of little people. We skied, biscuited, kneeboarded and jetskied around the lake. The jet ski was lots of fun, the kids all got a turn at shotgun and Daniel wasnt even worried when he got an unexpected dunking!









No comments: