I have been very pleased that since the children have finished school that I have had some time to get into the sewing room and create some crafty magic.
It started with the need to create something for Ben, as baby of the family there isnt much we dont already have that he needs. So I decided to make him some bibs - can never have enough of those! We bought him a new highchair (the old one bit the overused by my brothers dust!) so he is also the proud owner of a beautiful wooden highchair from http://www.mocka.co.nz/ Its a great chair, was on special and came with free pads and crotch strap and it converts to a chair for use at the table and can carry up to 60kg. Cant go wrong huh! Anyway the bibs seemed a fitting accessory. They are minky backed flannel apart from the spotty ones that are minky fronted too!
For Jess and Daniel I made Lego Playmats. They both asked Santa for lego and in the efforts to keep small pieces contained and free from rolling baby's I thought these would be brilliant (and they are!) Jessas one has Michael Miller Lil Kingdom print with a quilting cotton princess print on the outside. Daniels has Lego print from Kokka (I think it is called Hello my friends) and has Michael Miller print, the name of which escapes me right now, but its the one I found in Spotlight and bought the remainders of the bolt becuase it is out of print now. The mats fold into the middle and are velcroed shut then folded over and snapped shut to create a carry/hanging bag that can contain all the lego blocks.
For the little boys I made road mat, car caddys. Based on the one I created for Lucas (my nephew) for his birthday. These ones are a little bigger (I think) with different road systems. I have made the roads so that the mats can be laid next to each other in different places to make the ultimate roading system. The printed strip has little pockets for holding dinkies. Then they fold up and can be carried by the handles as an easy transportable take along toy.
Again for Ben, a little cuddle toy, made from bamboo velour and two little birds from Spool http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/ I added ribbon tails and bells inside for a lovely sensory experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment