Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Big Trip

Okay, I have finally got my computer online so I can update you on how our trip is going. I will start at the beginning!

Tuesday the 1st (I think!) I spent the morning packing up all of our stuff to go. Come 3pm I am all ready to go and pick up the kids. At this point Jase and I realise we have both locked a door thinking the other one was still open and the keys are now locked in the house! I walked up to school to get Laura and Daniel and Jase got back into the house to get the keys. By the time we pick up Jessa from Kindy we are already running 15mins late. I ring the hospital and let them know we are running late for Sam's peads appointment.
Sam gets the all clear and we are off, headed for Dunedin. We grabbed 'Old MacDonalds' (happy meals for those not in the know!) and checking into the campsite cabin.
The next morning we head off to see the Butterfly exhibition only to find out it doesnt open till 10am. Not prepared to wait an hour and put ourselves so far behind schedule we head off towards Christchurch.
A quick pitstop to drop something off in Christchurch and we head off again for The Caves which is a restaurant just before Kaikoura. Peter and Bee are there with the horses so we all have tea. The most divine blue cod. Then head into Kaikoura to another campground cabin. (We have found the campgrounds are the cheapest way to accomodate our rather large numbers and still get a kitchenette and bathroom in the cheapest possible way)
A good nights sleep, a play in the playground and a coffee from the bakery and we head off for Marlborough. (exciting trip so far, huh?)
We stop in Seddon to see old friends of Jasons. We find them all packed up and sold out off their farm up there. They have been in drought for around 7 years and they have decided to retire. The vineyards are moving into the area big time up there. About the only thing that can grow on the lower water rates.
From here we head off to the Ferry in Picton. A picnic lunch on the seafront and a play a the playground first. I turn around from helping Sam on the swing to see Jessa pants down sitting on the grass. I start to say what are you doing Jess, then realise that she is taking a pee in the middle of the playground. lol! So I turn back to Laura and tell her to pretend we dont know Jessa lol!! (Well it was too late to stop mid flow!)
All back into the truck and off for the Ferry.......................

No comments: