Monday, May 26, 2008

The big Weekend Away

What a fantastic weekend we have had. Brenda, Helen and I tripped away to Queenstown for a gettaway. We took our scrapbooks and and I am pleased to report that I completed 8 pages for Daniels album. We also did lots of knitting, nattering and had the odd glass of wine. Of course we also managed to fit in a walk around the town and a spot of browsing in the shops. We found the most decadent chocolate shop, they make their own and have all the flavours that you can imagine. They also had the most delicious hot chocolate that I have ever tried! So if you are in Queenstown go to Patagonias. http://www.patagoniachocolates.com/ We also found the wee shop where they actually make the chocolates in Arrowtown and the smell is out of this world divine!
The other place that I found was The British Lolly Shop. I was very excited to find many wonders from my childhood and bought a couple of things in there. We did have to go back the next day though becuase I had eaten them and wanted more lol! http://www.thebritishlollyshop.com.au/t-queenstown.aspx
I managed to fit in a walk around Fernhill which was lovely. The weather was crisp and cool but very still. I really enjoyed it. I have found lots and lots of clothes that will look fantastic when I have lost lots of weight - so I will need a trip back up there to buy them all later in the year hehe. Although the $900 merino shawl might stay in the shop lol!!!!
It was great to have some one on one time with my gorgeous bubba Charlie. Lots of relaxation, laughs and chatter, just what the doctor ordered.
Here is the gorgeous view from the patio of the house we stayed in - cant get much better than that huh!

The knitting part.......
The gorgeous Charlie, just chilling out.......
Cuddles with nana...........


No comments: