The kids 'bob couch' (named becuase of its bright red upholstery in the theme of bob the builder) was looking a little worse for wear after 7yrs of enthusiastic lounging by several little people. So I decided to recover it. I got some gorgously soft minky (the spotty stuff) so used that for the seat part and contrasted with dark chocolate drill (for durabilty) The project seemed simple until I had unpicked the previous cover. Despite labeling everything in permanant marker it wasnt quite so simple to stitch back together! I have done something wrong at the front as it doesnt sit quite right. I will have to have a look at Lucas' couch next time I am there and figure out what I did wrong. My last fopar (is that how you spell that?) was to reuse the zip, as I was zipping the finished cover up over the foam, eager to admire my work the pull part fell off, I managed to prise its inards open and reattach it for it to break into two pieces. So rather than unpick it all and start with a new zip I have temporarily sewed the zip together!!! I will get back to it and replace the zip.......one day!
So the kids have renamed 'bob couch' as 'spotty couch'
No comments:
Post a Comment