Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yarn Swap V.3

You may remember back in October (I think!) I participated in a yarn swap on an online forum I am part of. (The Nappy Network for any MCN users) Well there was another one and I couldnt resist. Basically the swap consists of some hand dyed yarn, a pattern, a gift and a piece of paperwork. All of which have to fit a theme. As my swappee likes bright colours I decided that Elmer the elephant would be a great swap theme. Now my recipient has recieved her package and (I think) knows who I am I can post it here.
Here is my yarn all dyed and hanked ready for balling

And I managed to find a cheap ball winder on trade me so I could do nice, professional looking balls. Five colours (because that was how many the pattern needed) and one rainbow ball that incorporates all the colours. ( I love this one, oh and the yellow one and I really like the blue one too - hell actually I was quite proud of the whole darn lot and my recipient was lucky I sent them cos I wanted to keep them ;-)

And I couldnt resist playing around with the camera and getting a few nice shots to show of my new found addiction, um I mean talent.





And this is the whole swap all together. I made extra wool (the swap called for up to 200g and I included 300g of cleckheaton 100% wool 8ply.) so this extra was part of my gift along with a little elefante (pattern of ravelry) whom I knitted up from scraps of yarn I had in my stash. The paperwork was a copy of an Elmer story and some Elmer colouring pages (and pens) for my recipients children. The pattern I included is for sticklegged girls cotton ease baby blanket. The blanket is knitted in squares and is very colourful (just like Elmer) you can find it here http://http://stick-leggedgirl.blogspot.com/2007/11/color-block-baby-blanket.html

I really had fun making this swap up. There have been some wonderful themes already recieved. I am waiting on mine with baited breath. It was posted last week so fingers crossed it will be here soon cos I am really impatient to see what wonderful yarn I am to recieve.





No comments: