Thursday, October 23, 2008

My birthday present

Somehow I have managed to get the pictures the wrong way so you will just have to go to the bottom and scroll up!
I got a tunnel house for my birthday from Jase and all the famdamily. It is an 8m Morrifield. It looks really good and is planted already with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Capsicum, Courgette, Sweetcorn and lettuces. We used the soil from my old vege garden, it was a layered or lasagne garden - no dig type garden so it is a really nice compost now after a couple of years of use. We still needed some more so we picked up a trailer of compost from the nursery. Sam and Jess helped me bucket it in from the trailer. Sam got his little bucket from the sandpit and I would lift him up onto the trailer and he filled his little bucket, then I lifted him down and he would climb into the tunnel house and potter down to the end and upend his little bucket. It was so cute, all these little handfull sized piles. Jessa had her little trowel and would fill her bucket with compost and then clamber down and tip it in. They did a good job.
Sam with the watering can
Strawberry plants, the kids ones from last year and some new ones, Jase is going to make a frame and net up to stop the birds once they get bigger.

All finished and checking it out.


Frame up




No comments: