A couple of weeks ago I started a reward system with the kids. When they are good, do something well, do chores etc, they get a marble in a cup. When they get to 10marbles they get a lolly and at the end of the week the person with the most marbles gets a special treat.
The first week Jessa won the treat and she asked if she could have her much coveted Dora the Explorer umbrella. She has a friend at Kindy who has one and ever since she saw it she has been dreaming of owning one herself.
So it was a perfect first week prize and after a little bit of ringing around we managed to find one. Not when it rains she grabs her umbrella and dashes off outside to try it out!
Then I remembered that I had some bits of material in my stash that I picked up for a total of $3 at a specials table. 2 hours later and Princess Poppy was made and for just $3 - bargain of the century!!! Jessa was sooo excited when she got up the next morning and her dress was waiting for her. She has worn it every day since. It is a bit big but that is good - it will last her a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment