Friday, August 15, 2008

Terrible week

Well I am sure it hasnt escaped your notice that I havnt updated the blog in a while! We had a terrible week with sick kids last week. Both Sam and Charlie came down with Bronciolitis. Sam's aggrevated his asthma and he had an ear infection too. So he was put on a preventer and antibiotics. Charlie was a little wheezy but otherwise fine. Poor wee men were tired, poorly and wanted lots of cuddles. Sam was on the improve but Charlie went down hill. I took him back to the doctors with really fast breathing, terrible colour and just exhaustion. They sent us down to the childrens ward for observation. So we had a day in there. Some steroids, panadol and antibiotics later (ear infection for poor bubba too) and we came home. Mummy by this time is a tad tired with only 4 or 5 hours of broken sleep for 5nights.
Two days later I get out of the shower to find that Sam has just drunk the two bottles of amoxycillin. One was nearly empty but one was nearly full. So we spent the day with him the childrens ward under observation, then had to take him back for blood tests the following day. Luckily we got the all clear.
So this week has been taken up with catching up on all the cleaning, washing and tidying that was totally ignored last week. I am just starting to take a few breaths!




Sam and Daniel building and Jessa in the background on the chair sleeping!

No comments: