Friday, August 1, 2008

Sewing and bikes

Sew I managed to get a bit of sewing in yesterday. I have been playing with my pattern for quite a while now and yesterday stumbled upon a brilliant idea. Completely by accident. I wont go into specifics just now as I still have some tweaking to do. But this is the edge I was working towards to get my pattern to a level I was happy to sell to more than just friends for cost.

This is the same nappy - the top one is folded as small and the bottom one is a medium. It has a nifty snap and velcro combination for the fastenings. I have cut out two more patterns a newborn/small and a med/large to add to the small/large I have already tried on Charlie. He wore it overnight last night and I was very pleased with it. It is a great fit for him. I am going to make them up tonight.
In other news - Laura finally saved enough from her birthday money and the stall to get her new bike, due to seven swedes selling yesterday. So after school today we went into Winton and she chose which one she wanted. It is a 26in wheel with a small frame. So it is an adult bike and should last her for a long time now! She is stoked. And she got a free helmet thrown in too so she was pretty chuffed.
Sam was waiting for me to get his bike out so he found the old 'feminine' side and had a spin on the trike.
Jessa has been practicing setting off by herself without the trainer wheels and is doing really well. She only needs a little bit of support - so proud.


No comments: