Saturday, January 16, 2010

Found my crafty mojo

I finally admitted to myself that getting the house done so I could have my machines out again was going to take a while so I have set up a temporary table in the new lounge area with my sewing machines on it. I have to unplug either the tv/internet or the water pump to be able to run the machines but during the day (no lights at night) I can actually get some sewing done.
So I made a little merino cross over singlet for Leobump and have another one cut out. I am awaiting some cute wee cow snaps for the second one so have put it to one side for now until they arrive. Then I finished a blanket for Charlie that I started before he was born. All I had to do was finish the edges but didnt know what I wanted to do until I found this satin binding on special in spotlight the other day. Charlie loves it and now doesnt have to borrow one from a sibling to be just like them, he has one of his own. I have also cut out and started a pair of corded jeans for Laura but one of my overlocker needles bent and when I found the needle case I realised there was no needles left in it (murphys law huh!) So I had to put them on hold until I got some more yesterday. However with today being such a gorgeous day we have spent most of it outside in the garden so no sewing done yet.



No comments: