So the other day I had no netball to run the kids to due to the rain. I was busy deciding what to do. I managed to update here and decided I needed to use my time more wisely than playing games on facebook. So I got out my knitting needles and finished Sam's jersey. I am going to try and finish a hat to match this afternoon but I am waiting for the kids to go to sleep so I can go and move the sheep first! Anyway here is the jersey - perfect colour for Sam and so snuggly on these cold mornings. I am really pleased with it.

Also with another yarn swap in the wings I decided I needed a swift to help skein my yarn. I am sick of walking around and around and around a couple of chairs and then trying to wind the wool off the chairs so I can wind it onto the winder. So I did a bit of searching on a website about making your own swift. I went to the shed to see if Jase had any off cuts that would be suitable. I found some dowels from my blinds that I made but not enough wood. So I figured that Peter (Jases dad) would have some bits there. So I chucked the kids in the truck and off we went in search. Of course Peter had some stuff I could use - he also has many more expertise than me when it comes to woodwork so he helped me (ok he did most of it) whip up this little beauty. It has moveable dowels so that I can make the skeins different lengths.

and it works!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment