Wednesday, April 8, 2009

just a few creations

I have made a few things in the last month - or rather finished a few things that have been started!
This is a wee top I made for Charlie from some merino that I hand dyed - I was really pleased with how the colours dyed up and knitted up. It will be lovely as an extra layer now winter appears to be setting in (rain and hail today - oh yay) and if it still fits him next summer he can wear it as a single layer. (sorry its a bit curly, just been washed and dried on the firegaurd.)
This is Sammy with a baby pumpkin, at the weekend I sorted the tunnell house and took out all the dead stuff from the summer in preparation for the winter planting. Then Sam and I weeded the pumpkin patch and I knocked off this little pumpkin - Sammy was very intigued and claimed it as his own for investigation!

Here he is trying to cut it with a kiddy knife.


and last but not least here is a merino top I sewed up for Jess, she loves it - the colours dont really show too well but it is a dusky purple and dusky rose in the hood. (the pattern hood wasnt lined but I thought it would look better so I add improvised) apologies again for the wash and dry crinkling in the picture. Without a working camera I didnt get time to take pictures before the items were worn and washed!


and a slightly blurry modelling of the top before it was washed!


I also have another top I made for Jess with my yarn swap wool but she was asleep in her room when I took the pictures and I wasnt brave enough to wake the sleeping Jess whilst rummaging in drawers to get it out!




No comments: