Sunday, December 14, 2008

Clever Kiddies

Well tonight I was blown away twice by my little boys so felt it was worth sharing my proud mummy moment.

First Jase asked me to go and get something for him to drink - as he was offering to make tea in my absence I thought it was a pretty good trade!
Sam and Jess wanted to come for the ride so they hopped in the truck. We pulled up outside the florist and they have animated, light up snowmen and reindeer so we stopped to have a wee look and oohed and ahhed a bit.
When we got into the shop Jess asked if the kids could have something to drink so I got some sparkling grape juice - we called it Kids Wine. She was very excited and even more so when dad popped the cork and made it hit the ceiling!
I got some real wine glasses out of the cupboard for their Kids Wine. (here comes proud mummy moment 1...) Sam lined the glasses up and pointed to each one as he counted 1, 2, 3, 4. I was suprised (although we have rote counted and modelled counting he hasnt spontaniously counted one to one before) anyway I got him to do it again for Jase and yup he did it perfectly. So I am pretty proud that at 2yrs8mths Sammy knows how to count to a stage often kids cant do when they start school!

Proud mummy moment 2 - we were eating tea and I gave Charlie some ham to munch on (carnivore that boy!) while he was eating I loaded his spoon and left it infront of him while I grabbed a few bites of my tea. The wee man picks up the spoon and pops the food in his mouth without a bit of a mess.
Of course my positive reaction to his skilled agility made him laugh and smile and we did end up with him wacking the end of the next spoon and sending carrots and new potatoes flying across the room. But he pretty much ate his whole tea by himself with me putting the food on the spoon for him.

No comments: